Our commitment to protect your privacy
Paywise Pty Ltd ACN 007 388 696 (referred to in this Policy as “us”, “we” and “our”) seek to provide the best possible service to its customers by providing the best possible range of products and services.
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes indicated in our Policy, where we have your consent to do so, or as otherwise required or authorised by law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we collect from you or is received by us will be treated with appropriate respect ensuring protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and any other relevant law.
Personal information, sensitive information
When we refer to personal information we mean information or an opinion about you, from which you are, or may reasonably be, identified.
The kinds of personal information may include (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, Driver’s Licence number, marital status, phone number, email address, home address, employment history, income, assets and liabilities.
It is not common practice for us to collect other sensitive information about you (such as information about your health, religion, trade union membership, political opinion, sexual preference, Tax File Number or criminal record). We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent.
What information is collected via this website
The following information is collected for statistical purposes only when you visit this website. This data is anonymous. It is used to evaluate our website performance and to measure the interest in the various areas of our site:
- The number of visitors to the website (gathered via IP address logs)
- Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the computer through which you have accessed the Internet)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The type of browser and operating system you are using
- Website chat transcripts(this information is stored overseas)
Paywise will not try to identify you or your browsing activities except:
- where we are compelled to do so by law (for example: pursuant to a valid search warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs); or
- if your use is causing technical concerns for our site which may need to be resolved.
Paywise will only record your email address if you send us a message. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
Note: Different rules may apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information via other organisations that may be linked or associated with our website. We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of information through those other websites. Paywise recommends you review the policies on those websites before providing any information.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you to conduct our business and to provide our services.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information from you in several circumstances, including where you:
- make an enquiry with us via email, website (including online chat) or telephone;
- request a quote, an estimate or make an enquiry through our website;
- attend an event hosted by us;
- apply for employment with us.
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you. However, we will also collect information about you from third parties, such as your employer, a partner or spouse who contacts us on your behalf, from our contractors who supply services to us, from a publicly maintained record or from other individuals or companies authorised by you.
If you do not provide the information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes, any other purpose you have consented to and any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act. This may include using your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products or services you requested;
- to verify your identity;
- to assess, process and manage your application for employment;
- for complaints handling or data analytics purposes; or
- to manage our relationship with you.
To whom will we disclose your personal information?
To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us
- debt collectors
- your employer/s or referees, your guarantors, your professional advisors, your bank or anyone else where you have provided consent
- companies and contractors who we retain to provide services for us, such as information and infrastructure systems IT contractors, call centres, stationery printing houses, mail houses, storage facilities, lawyers, accountants and auditors, who will need to have access to your personal information to provide those services
- people considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth)
- other individuals or companies authorised by you
- complying with our legal obligations, assisting government and enforcement bodies or regulators, or where otherwise required or authorised by or under law, or an order of a court or tribunal
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
- the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment
- you have consented to us making the disclosure
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company we are associated with. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for this purpose, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by selecting any opt-out options included or by contacting our Privacy Officer on the contact details below. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Updating your personal information
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During our relationship with you, we may ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information that we hold about you, you should contact us to have it updated. We will generally rely on you to assist us by informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Access and correction of your personal information
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to limited exceptions in the Privacy Act as outlined below. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you, at any time, using the details specified below.
We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information at the time of the request. Otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days.
We may need to consult with other entities as part of our investigation.
If we refuse to correct personal information we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
Denied access to personal information
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
Using government identifiers
If we collect government identifiers, such as your Driver’s Licence number, we do not use or disclose this information other than required by law. We will never use a government identifier to identify you.
Business without identifying you
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where, it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information. Such a situation would be where you make general inquiries about a product or current promotional offers.
How safe and secure is your personal information that we hold
We may hold information about you in digital and/or paper forms. We take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we protect your information include:
- external and internal premises security
- utilising secure storage
- restricting access to your information only to personnel who need it to perform their job function(s)
- utilising and maintaining information security applications to prevent unauthorised access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, two factor authentication, firewalls, encryption and anti-virus software as appropriate
- limiting functionality to only respond to commands from you, us or any authorised users and only for those features you have not opted out from receiving
- maintaining physical security over paper records
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment, and when the information is no longer needed for any purpose it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified as required.
Further information and complaints
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information or lodge a complaint by contacting our Privacy Officer on the contact details below.
We will acknowledge your complaint as soon as possible and within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your privacy complaint within 15 days, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In cases where further information, assessment, or investigation is required, we will seek to agree alternative timeframes with you.
If you are dissatisfied with the response from our Privacy Officer, you may make a complaint to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) at afca.org.au or by calling 1800 931 678 or with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paywise contact details
You can contact us by calling us on 1300 132 532 or by writing to:
Paywise Complaints Officer
PO Box 5639
Perth WA 6831
You can email us at email@example.com.
We are constantly reviewing our policies and attempt to keep up to date with constantly changing Technology, law and market place practices.